The Postgraduate School, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) has announced the commencement of its 2012/2013 Postgraduate admission and invited applications from suitably qualified candidates for consideration for admission into Diploma, Masters and Doctorate Degree programmes for the 2012/2013 session of the university.REQUIREMENTSPGD
Candidates applying for the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme must possess a HND Upper Credit or above and five credits at ‘O’ levels in the relevant science subjects. Applicants with a Third Class Honours degree or a Pass degree may also apply. Also Applicants with professional certificates such as ICAN, ACA, FIST, FIMT, FMILT, FNIST and other relevant qualifications may also qualify for admission.
- A Bachelors Degree in the relevant discipline from FUTO or any other recognized University
- A good Bachelors Degree with at least Second Class Honours in other related disciplines.M.Sc, M.Eng, MPH
- A first degree with at least a second class honours qualification in the related area from FUTO or from any other recognized University.
- A Bachelors degree from a recognized university plus a PGD in the relevant area.
- Any other qualification as may be approved by the University Senate.MBA
- A good honours Degree in the area of Science/Technology, Engineering and Management Technology from FUTO or from any other recognized University.
- Graduates with first degree from a recognized university and holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with Postgraduate Diploma may apply for the MBA programme
- Any other qualification as the University Senate may from time to time recognized/approve.Ph.D
- A candidate must hold a recognized Masters degree (with a CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 point scale or 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale) OR its equivalent from FUTO or any recognized University
- Any other qualification as the University Senate may from time to time recognized/approve.Duration of Programmes
- Ph.D Programmes: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of twelve semesters for full-time and part-time students
- M.Sc/M.Eng Programmes: Minimum of two semesters and maximum of seven semesters for full-time and part-time students
- MBA and MPH Programmes: Minimum of three semesters and maximum of eight semesters for full-time and part-time students
- PGD Programmes: two semestersHOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: Go to any branch of First Bank Plc and pay a non-refundable fee of Eleven thousand, three hundred Naira (N11, 300.00) for FUTO PG Application, you will be given an E-Tranzact receipt which should contain a Confirmation Order and Receipt Number. (Ensure that you do NOT lose this information!).
STEP 2: Go to the application page. See link below
STEP 3: Create your Login Account as a New User by entering your First Name, Last Name, Email and any Password of choice, type in the captcha characters and click the Submit button.
NOTE: Make sure the email address supplied is valid as your login details would be sent to the address for future references. (Remember to download the Referee Report and the Transcript Request forms on the Login page)
STEP 4: With your newly created Login details, Login as an Existing User- on the right pane. Then, click the Login button to display the View Forms page.
STEP 5: Click on the New Submission link beside Postgraduate Application 2012/2013. Complete the form appropriately (NOTE: asterisk fields are compulsory). At the end of Page One, click Save to proceed to Page Two.
STEP 6: After completing Page Two of the form, click the Save button to proceed to the E-Tranzact payment gateway. Click on Continue to Payment button.
STEP 7: Enter the Confirmation Order and the Receipt Number on your E-Tranzact receipt in the appropriate boxes provided, then click on Submit. You will get an instant message to let you know if your payment was successful or not. Log out if your payment was successful. An acknowledgement would also be sent to the e-mail address you provided while filling the form. Therefore, make sure you provide a valid e-mail address.
You are required to download and fill the Referee report form and the FUTO transcript Request Form:
• Download Referee report form
• Download Transcript Request form
Start the Post-Graduate Application: FUTO Application Portal
The admission exercises commence today, August 8th, 2012 and will end on September 30th, 2012.
For further programme details, admission requirement and how to apply: Federal University Of Technology Owerri - FUTO Postgraduate Admission Portal