UNIVERSITY OF UYO (UNIUYO) 2012/2013 SECOND CHOICE CANDIDATES AND *FIRST CHOICE CANDIDATES IN SPECIFIED COURSES SCREENING EXERCISE
The University of Uyo hereby invites candidates who scored 200 and above in the programmes listed below, in the 2012 University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), who made University of Uyo their second choice, but did not make University of Uyo their first choice, to a Post-UTME Screening Exercise, for admission into the following programmes:
1. Faculty of Agriculture: Agric. Econs. & Extension, Animal Science, Crop Science, Fisheries & Aquaculture, Food Science & Technology, Forestry & Wildlife, Home Economics, Soil Science.
2. Faculty of Arts: Efik/Ibibio/Translation Studies, Foreign Language (French), English, Religious & Cultural Studies.
3. Faculty of Business Administration: Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Management, Marketing, Insurance.
4. Faculty of Education:
(i) Department of Curriculum Studies, Educational Management & Planning: Fine Arts Education, History Education.
(ii) Department of Early childhood & Special Education: Pre-Primary & Primary Education, Special Education.
(iii) Department of Physical & Health Education: Physical Education, Health Education.
(iv) Department of Vocational Education: Accounting Education, Home Economics Education, Technical Education.
(v) Department of Science Education: Chemistry Education, Physics Education, Integrated Science Education.
5. Faculty of Engineering: Agric. Engineering, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
6. Faculty of Environmental Studies: Architecture, Building, Estate Management, Fine & Industrial Arts, Quantity Surveying, Urban & Regional Planning.
7. Faculty of Science: Botany & Ecological Studies, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Microbiology, Zoology.
8. Faculty of Social Sciences: Economics, Geography & Regional Planning, Political Science and Public Administration, Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology.
(1) SECOND CHOICE CANDIDATES WHOSE PROGRAMMES OF SECOND CHOICE ARE NOT LISTED ABOVE SHOULD NOT APPLY.
(2) ALSO, SECOND CHOICE CANDIDATES WHOSE SECOND CHOICE COURSES ARE LISTED ABOVE, ARE REQUIRED TO COME WITH THE ORIGINAL COPIES OF THEIR JAMB SLIPS, OTHERWISE THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE THE SCREENING TEST.
9. **The First choice candidates of the following courses: Guidance/Counselling, Architecture, Estate management, Pre-Primary and Primary Education and Special Education who have not yet been admitted should also appear for the Screening Test with their first choice scratch cards.
(a) Eligible candidates will be required to purchase the scratch card for N2,000.00 (two thousand naira) only at any Branch of the following Banks nationwide:
1. UNIUYO MicroFinance Bank
2. Keystone Bank Limited
3. Zenith Bank
4. Skye Bank
5. United Bank for Africa (UBA) plc
6. Mainstreet Bank Ltd.
7. Ecobank plc.
Scratch cards are also obtainable from the University Liaison Offices at Abuja and Lagos at the following addresses:
University of Uyo Liaison Office
15B Blantyre Street,
Off Ademola Adetokumbo Cresent,
Wuse II, Abuja.
University of Uyo Liaison Office
No. 2 Modupe Street,
Off Kofoworola Crescent
Off Awolowo Way, by Balogun Bus stop
Payment should be made with effect from the date of this advertisement.
(b) With the scratch card, candidates should access and complete the University of Uyo 2012 2nd choice Post-UTME Screening Form online at (University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
) and scan their recent passport size photograph with a red background on the form.
Candidates should also note that the same scratch card will be used to access their performance in the Post-UTME screening.
(c) Candidates are required to come with the following items:
(i) A copy of the ON LINE form duly completed, carrying the passport size photograph.
(ii) 2012 JAMB Slip. (Candidates without their JAMB slip will not be allowed into the creening hall.
(iii) Two recent passport-size colour photographs with red background, with the name and signature of the candidate written on the reverse side of the photograph.
(iv) HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
(d) No GSM handsets, calculators or any other extraneous materials should be brought into the screening hall.
(e) Venue: Candidates for the screening exercise are to report at the CBN Auditorium, University of Uyo (Town Campus) on Saturday, August 25, 2012, at 8.00 a.m.
(f) Closing Date: The closing date for registration shall be Thursday, August 23, 2012 at midnight.