Job Title: Bridge Expert, Accrediting and Workshop Facilitator
Job ID: 31592
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organisation: United Nations Development Programme – UNDP Nigeria
Starting Date (date when the selected candidate is expected to start): 03-Sep-2012
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year Retainer
The Democratic Governance for Development (DGD) project is managed by UNDP in support of elections and more broadly, the deepening of democracy in Nigeria. It is funded with contributions from The European Union, the UK Department for International Development (DfID), UNDP, the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). The project duration is 2010-2015. It aims to consolidate and advance democratic governance and accountability in Nigeria to achieve the country’s stated development priorities and outcomes as specified in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and the Country Programme Action Plan (CPAP).
These objectives are pursued through four components:
1. Promoting Credible, Transparent and Sustainable Electoral Processes
2. Improving the Democratic Quality of Political Engagement
3. Enhancing Participation by Women, Youth and other marginalized groups
4. Strengthening Channels of Civic Engagement
Duties and Responsibilities
The project therefore seeks the services of several BRIDGE Facilitators to conduct modular as well as Train the Facilitator Workshops. DGD is committed to building the national capacity for the training of election professionals. Therefore the project will partner previously trained semi-accredited facilitators with more qualified BRIDGE facilitators to help them improve their skills in delivering the curriculum.
We require Expert, Accrediting and Workshop facilitators to conduct workshops for INEC and SIEC staff between August 2012 and August 2013. The key objectives of this consultancy are:
• To conduct various BRIDGE training workshops for INEC and SIEC staff;
• To build the skills of the existing cadre of semi-accredited facilitators in Nigeria, to deliver the BRIDGE curriculum.
• A degree in Political Science, International Relations, Development Studies, Public Administration and Management or relevant social sciences.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Not less than 10 years working and training experience in electoral administration including areas related to key BRIDGE modules including but not limited to Electoral Dispute Resolution, Electoral Planning, Electoral Technology, Gender, Voter Registration, Observation, Media and Electoral Contestants.
• Extensive experience running BRIDGE courses.
• Qualified as a BRIDGE Expert or Accrediting Facilitator.
• Not less than 5 years working and training experience in electoral administration in the areas related to key BRIDGE modules including but not limited to Electoral Dispute Resolution, Electoral Planning, Electoral Technology, Gender, Voter Registration, Observation, Media and Electoral Contestants.
• Previous experience of running the BRIDGE curriculum.
• Qualified as a BRIDGE Workshop Facilitator.
For all the positions the following skills and competencies are expected:
• Strong communication skills, ability and willingness to travel to and within Nigeria
• Fluency in English
Application Deadline: 31-Aug-12Bridge Expert, Accrediting and Workshop Facilitator Job