We’re looking for people who have the right talent and fun personalities to join our small team of awesome technology and product developers. This is an atmosphere where we hire the best people and put trust in you to get things done. If you want to make major contributions to new products on a small team and have fun while doing it, then Boxbe is the place for you.
If you haven’t heard, Boxbe is a socially-powered email screening service that lets you decide who reaches you with priority (think of it as a guest list for email). We’re about 3 years old and growing. We’re led by dedicated founders, world-class advisors and backed by the Valley’s smartest VCs.
Send resumes to email@example.com
Current Open Positions Java Developer/Architect Description You will be responsible for building cutting-edge web-based Java applications. We need someone with a top-to-bottom understanding of both the Web and Java. Your responsibility will be to design and develop software as well as to architect a robust and scalable platform.
- BA/BS in computer science, information systems, or related degree
- Deep (4+ years) experience with object-oriented design patterns and Java application development
- Strong background working with open-source frameworks and technologies
- Experience with building highly-scalable, server-side components
- Experience with building commercial web-based services
- Experienced with the full development lifecycle, capable of designing, implementing, and delivering major functionality
- Significant experience with Linux and MySQL
- Thorough knowledge of internet protocols and networking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with Tomcat and Apache web servers
- Experience with the Spring framework, particularly its MVC, transaction abstraction, and data access components
- Experience with SOAP, XML-RPC, or JSON
- Prior success with rapid development projects working with a small, self-directed team