Job Title: Subsea Systems Engineer
Req. #: 18752
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract/Temporary
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Category: Engineering/Design & Sciences
Rotation: 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off
Length of contract: A minimum of 1 year
Provided: Visas, accommodation, flights, local transport, living allowance etc
Project Activity: Front End Engineering Design
Company: WorleyParsons Nigeria
INTECSEA is a global company within the WorleyParsons Group and offers all the Group’s capabilities for floating systems, offshore pipelines and subsea production systems. Combined with WorleyParsons Group, we offer clients complete project expertise from subsea wellhead through onshore processing and distribution. For over 25 years, INTECSEA has provided frontier technology leadership for the energy industry’s most challenging offshore field development and pipeline projects.
• Ability to layout umbilical routes
• Prepare block diagrams and system schematics of the field distribution
• Update cross sectional drawings and tubing schedules
• Familiar, or as a minimum have an understanding, with performing hydraulic analysis
• Tabulation of electrical and hydraulic flying leads
• Familiar with ISO 13628-5 / API17E
• Capable of laying out EFL’s (Electrical flying leads) and HFL’s (Hydraulic flying leads) for multiple clusters to support production, WI and gas lift facilities
• Capable of supporting umbilical transportation schemes, loading of umbilicals onto reels/carousels and optimisation of loading plan
• Develop distribution module schematics and trace out run out logic
• Perform critical quality checks and find fault on schematic drawings
• Capable of directing team of engineers and specialists.
• Has several specialty areas of expertise that allows leadership in technical brainstorming meetings.
• Works with Client to plan overall approach to work.
• Capable of serving as Project Manager and is entrusted to occasionally act on behalf of Client.
• Apply extensive knowledge in the application of advanced theories in a recognized area of expertise.
• Keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
• Capable of publishing technical papers and making conference presentations in the area of expertise.
• Ability to maintain full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating projects.
• Applies extensive experience over broad areas to ensure technical quality of work and efficiency of approach.
• Works as senior member in team providing leadership and direction.
• Frequently is INTECSEA representative in Client meetings.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
• Proven track record of exceeding performance metrics.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field + 10 years relevant experience.
• 15 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• Learns & ensures compliance with the INTECSEA Quality Management System, including preparing of project specific procedures and in accordance with HSE Guideline for INTECSEA Personnel.
Application Link: WorleyParsons Nigeria Job PortalSubsea Systems Engineer Job