Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especiall, among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between kno’wledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health ofthe world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL ADVISOR
The Technical Advisor will provide focused, high-quality institutional capacity building assistance for clients of the PLAN Health progmm in addition to leading project technical smino strengthen organizations’ systems towards greater sustainability and achievement of their missions. It is expected that teclmical assistance will focus both on building stronger organizations and on developing individuals to lead them to achieving results.
The Technical Advisor will accomplish these through
• consultations with managers ofclient organizations
• leading and supervising a multi-functional team implementing technical assistance
• plan and execute strategies for technical assistance
• monitor quality, progress and results
• identify needs for and supervise short term technical assistance.
The Technical Advisor also serves as a resource for identifying best practices. Lessons learned and innovative/approaches to institutional capacity building, and lor disseminating this information both internally and externally. The Technical Advisor will exercise impeccable professional ethics, and will be aware of and adhere to MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
Supervised by: Associate Director
Supervises: 2 – 3 Technical Officers
• Graduate degree preferably in social sciences, business or health.
• Minimum of five years experience in capacity building in Nigeria
• Experience in supervising other professionals
• Experience in product management
• Experience working in or with public sector organizations, particularly in the health field
• Knowledge of PEPFAR-funded programs and experience in managing relationships with USAID missions preferred.
• Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment.
• Significant senior level work experience in institutional capacity building across the areas of finance, human resources, governance, and planning, organizational development, and program management.
• Proven pragmatic, technical, and managerial ability and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous government organizations and NOOs.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong facilitation skills
• Ability to produce results in diverse culture, social and language contexts.
• Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly and potentially outside Nigeria, as required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested persons may send comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS Word document to Imsnigeria@msh.org
not later than Friday September 3, 2010.
If you wish to be considered for a post, please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Note that if the underline instructions are not followed application will not be considered.