Job Title: Market Development Leader
Job Number: 1422206
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria
Career Level: Experienced
Function: Business Management
Function Segment: Executive Management
Business: GE Global Growth & Operations
Business Segment: Global Growth & Operations – Africa
Project: GE Africa’s Rural Health Imagination Breakthrough (IB) Project
Company: General Electric (GE)
Role Summary/Purpose: This role will define and implement GE growth strategy across our product portfolio with particular emphasis on incremental growth from targeted (rural) health market development initiatives; identify and support opportunities for packaged hospital development solutions in select African markets; and build strong strategic relationships with key stakeholders and maintaining those with existing and new accounts.
• Identify and understand the healthcare development aspirations of both the public and private healthcare sectors. Specifically target the healthcare solutions needs of the Ministries of Health and Defence—and other Public Sector institutions with a mandate to deliver and/or facilitate healthcare services. Understand and document customer organizations, budgets, missions, programs, and represent customer needs and priorities.
• Utilize Gold Standard marketing practices and skills to quantify the healthcare market needs and opportunities in select designated countries.
• Develop and execute the marketing plan for assigned countries. Responsibilities include VOC gathering, Marketing Blueprint development and collaboration, segmentation, targeting and positioning to align messaging, tactics, commercial channel tools and execution for success
• Employ market research, clinical and industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis, win/loss tracking and price realization in developing commercial strategy for a given region
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
• MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
• Minimum 8 years of sales / business management / strategic marketing / project management experience with strong track record in high-technology product sales & expertise in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
• Deep knowledge of healthcare market and environment an advantage
• Strong sales experience and substantial P&L management experience with significant track record. Strong business acumen
• Proven ability to influence and drive change through exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated tendency to challenge the status quo and drive constant improvement in process and ability to achieve organizational goals.
• Great presentational skills, able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
• Demonstrated executive level relationship building
• Demonstrated GEHC Network Experience
• Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
• Understanding of customer/marketplace and drivers that influence customer behavior. Talent for ensuring satisfied customers by providing value-added products and services.
• Ability to resolve complex issues within area. Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives. Proven ability to effectively communicate across a distributed workforce
Desired Characteristics: Solid Knowledge of African Market / Environment.
CLICK HERE TO APPLYMarket Development Leader Job in Nigeria