International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) will organize the 12th International Plant Virus Epidemiology (IPVE) symposium in January 2013 in Arusha, Tanzania. The IPVE is a specialist committee on plant virus epidemiology of the International Society of Plant Pathology (ISPP), UK. IPVE Committee has conducted 11 international symposia in different parts of the world.
The 12th symposium, first ever in Africa, focuses on emergence, epidemiology and control of native and new encounter virus diseases to reflect on prevailing situation of virus diseases in the Africa and around the world that are not only ravaging the crop production, but also affecting the international exchange of germplasm and commerce.
The symposium will provide a forum for exchange of latest knowledge and technologies to control virus diseases and pave way for an African and global strategy to combat emerging and reemerging plant virus diseases.
Symposium series held under auspices of the International Committee on Plant Virus Epidemiology (ICPVE: ICPVE
) of the International Society for Plant Pathology (ISPP: ISPPweb Plant Pathology Online
Organized and hosted by International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA; www.iita.org
The list of previous IPVE meetings
• Cornell University, Ithaca, USA, 20 – 24 June 2010
• ICRISAT, Hyderabad, India, 15 – 19 October 2007
• CIP, Lima, Peru, 4 - 7 April 2005
• Ascherleben, Germany, 12 - 17 May 2002
• Aguadulce (Almeria), Spain, 11 - 16 April 1999
• Maale Ha' Chamisha (Jerusalem), Israel, 23 - 28 April 1995
• Valenzano (Bari), Italy, 27 - 31 July 1992
• Montepellier, France, 1 - 5 September 1989
• Orlando, USA, 6 - 8 August 1986
• Corowa, Australia, 25 - 27 August 1983
• Oxford, UK, 28 - 31 July 1981
For further information, contact: Lava Kumar (L.firstname.lastname@example.org