Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Tracking Code: 161-195
Location: Enugu, Nigeria
Organisation: Women for Women International
Sector: Nong-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
• The HR&A Manager will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources activities for the Nigeria Country office.
• The HR Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, and staff training and development.
• The HR Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team and will provide strategic guidance on HR to the office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
1. Oversee all labor engagement for the country office, including all employees, consultants and temporary staff, and ensure compliance with local labor regulations.
2. Manage the new hire orientation process and the employee exiting process.
Compliance and Record Keeping:
1. Review Employee Personnel Handbook recommending amendments that may be needed due to changes in local conditions or labor laws.
2. Develop processes that maintain confidentiality of employee personal data.
Compensation and Benefits:
1. Monitor benefits and compensation administration ensuring internal equity and compliance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
2. Review proposed salary decisions for both regular staff and contractors; make recommendations to Management based on compensation guidelines. 3. Oversee the employee leave ensuring compliance with applicable laws and adherence to organizational policy.
Payroll and Budget:
1. Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll, ensuring that all staff changes are correctly noted (new hires, terminations, promotions, salary changes, etc) and compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
2. Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labor laws.
1. Line manages Administrative Assistants and ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the country office.
2. Ensure an accurate and up to date filing system for the country office.
3. Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable.
Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
1. Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews, ensuring that each employee receives the required review and documentation is placed in employee files;
2. Oversee the probation period for newly hired staff and ensure that required documentation is completed and filed.
1. Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
2. Investigate employee relations issues and forward issues to the headquarters office when necessary.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 7 years work experience in the field of human resources; of which 3 at a managerial level.
• Master’s Degree in human resources, business administration or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be familiar with country specific laws and regulations governing Human Resources in Nigeria.
• Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically.
• Ability to define problems, establishes facts, analyze situations and make decisions.
• Ability to summarize complex data and effectively present information.
• Excellent written and verbal English and fluency in any of the 3 major languages in Nigeria will be an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
• Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Candidates must be Nigerian citizens or third country nationals with valid work permit
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you have the required qualifications and experience, please apply with your cover letter, CV, 3 professional references and a brief on how you match the requirements and your experience of delivering the key tasks.
Applicant materials should be sent in MS Word or PDF format.
Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview.
Deadline: January 06, 2011.Human Resources and Administration Manager Job