Job Title: General Manager, Network Planning and Engineering
Department: Network Planning and Implementation
Reporting Line: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Company: Main One Cable Company Limited (Nigeria)
• The General Manager, Network Planning and Engineering is responsible for the planning, design and implementation of reliable network infrastructure to support the business plan and ensure sustained and consistent service delivery to customers.
• The GM, Network Planning and Engineering will continually evaluate network growth plans and service delivery platforms, partnerships and performance levels with a view to ensuring that the Company’s immediate, medium and long-term infrastructure requirements for service delivery are met at reasonable costs.
Other responsibilities include to:
1. Develop a network architecture and growth plan capable of meeting long term business needs.
2. Oversee and manage network planning and implementation to achieve business plan and ensure the network designs are able to deliver committed customer SLAs.
3. Proactively identify and anticipate network performance issues (traffic/quality/resiliency) and provide recommendations for improvement.
4. Oversee the design, planning and implementation of reliable DWDM and SDH transmission and IP/MPLS infrastructure to effectively support network implementation and ensure adequate transmission support for operational activities.
5. Build, manage and retain a world class network implementation planning and engineering team, and provide leadership and guidance to team members towards the achievement of overall business objectives.
6. Ensure synergy and collaboration in interdepartmental activities and communication in order to facilitate effective and smooth running of the function.
Contacts: Under the supervision of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) you will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments typically involved in the Technical Management of the project.
1. A broad operational experience of network planning, design, engineering, implementation and performance management.
2. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Telecommunications Network Operations
3. First degree in a relevant field and advanced degree in telecom, civil, electrical or mechanical engineering, or similar technology related fields
4. Experience with the planning and design of backbone fiber optic cable networks, possibly including submarine
5. Experience in the design and implementation of carrier-class backbone networks using SDH, IP, MPLS and DWDM Technologies
6. Research & writing skills
7. Strategic Thinking and Problem Solving
8. Leadership & team management skills
Demands of the job:
1. Ability and willingness to meet tight deadlines to complete critical projects
2. Ability and willingness to travel locally and globally as required
3. Aptitude to learn new technical skills and competencies and stay ahead of technology evolution
4. Effective people manager with attention to detail that takes pride in quality of professional work and results
How to Apply:
You are encouraged to submit your resume/CV for a specific listed job opportunity by sending email to email@example.com
Main One Cable selection process is rigorous and detailed; however it is conducted in a transparent and fair manner. Applicants are selected based on a demonstration of exceptional skills and competencies, and fit with the Main One corporate culture.