Job Title: D Finance and Admin Assistant
Job ID: 22
Location: Bauchi (3), Sokoto (3)
Type: Full time
Sector: Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Organisation: TSHIP (Funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a consortium led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.)
Summary of key functions:
• The role of the Finance and Administrative Assistant S/he will also support in managing the project inventory, maintaining project records, preparing inventory reports, and providing finance and administrative assistance to project staff. S/he will report to the Zonal office manager.
• We are looking for a graduate who has a commitment to and a desire to develop their skills and experience in general administration, accounts and finance.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Ensuring effective operation and smooth functioning of zonal office;
2. Providing administrative and logistical support to project staff and consultants, including arranging staff and consultant travel logistics;
3. Establishing and maintaining effective office filing and information management systems;
4. Organizing and managing special events, such as meetings and workshops;
5. Coordinating and organizing office and project transport and drivers
6. Assisting staff with preparing official correspondence, photocopying, and carrying out other administrative tasks, as required;
7. Maintenance and disbursement of petty cash
8. Maintaining project equipment and managing project inventory; and
9. Ensuring adequate supply of office supplies.
10. Receive and process payment requests and ensure documentation are complete
11. Processing, monitoring and updating the project staff advances
12. Support the accounts department in processing monthly accounts and reporting to the home office
13. Effectively tracking and filing of finance and account documentation
14. Maintain the zonal office petty cash and prepare Petty Cash Journal for the monthly closeout of field accounts
15. Write cheques, update the cheques register, make copies of cheques and payment vouchers and make bank account deposits when required
16. Periodic photocopy of documents, memos for cheque raising and payment vouchers
17. File voucher receipts and maintain regular update of voucher receipts’ registry
18. In conjunction with the state office Admin Assistant, update and tag Project Inventory and
19. S/he will also be responsible for managing the project inventory, maintaining project records, preparing inventory reports, and providing administrative assistance to project staff
20. Maintenance and disbursement of petty cash and ensuring adequate supply of office supplies
21. Receive office visitors, receive documents and mail, distribute mail to the concerned project staff, and answer phone inquiries
22. Ensuring effective operation and smooth functioning of project office, equipment, inventory, vehicles, drivers, cleaners and other Zonal Office support staff
23. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
1. Working knowledge of office management.
2. Ability to work with a team.
3. Computer literacy, with competence in word-processing, spreadsheets, database
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
5. Good Organizational Skills
6. A University degree or High school diploma in Accounting/Finance or other relevant social Sciences
7. At least one year experience in office Finance and administration, organizing and managing meeting and travel logistics and managing inventory, preferably with international projects will be an added advantage
8. Excellent computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; especially MS Word and Excel
9. Solid judgment, critical thinking, ability to solve problems and multitask, and ability to work under pressure
10. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit application letters and recent curriculum vitae online through the link below:TSHIP Nigeria NGO Jobs
Deadline: November 8, 2011.