UBA Foundation has instituted an essay competition among secondary school children across Africa and it is flagging off this initiative with the commencement of the Nigerian version called the UBA Foundation National Essay Competition for Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
The initiative, which is to be executed across the continent in countries where UBA has presence, is a follow up to the successful implementation of the ‘Read Africa’ project of the Foundation where it donated free literature text books to schools across Africa.
Entry Procedures and Rules:
• Applicants must attach copies of their original birth certificates or photocopies of international passport data page.
• Applicants must be Senior Secondary School students in Nigerian secondary schools.
• Applicants should send in handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on the competition topic.
• Applicants must submit their complete contact information (school name and address, residential address, phone number and e-mail address).
• Applicants may send in entries if they intend to attend a Nigerian university.
• The decision of the judges is final.
Essay Competition Topic: Me And My Career (Career Pathing)
• Winner – N1,000,000 towards university tuition/fees and a laptop
• 1st runner-up – N750,000 towards university tuition/fees and a laptop
• 2nd runner-up – N500,000 towards university tuition/fees and a laptop
• Consolation prizes will be given to the finalists
The panel of 3 judges is made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities.
Entries should be to:
Marketing & Corporate Relations Division,
United Bank for Africa Plc/UBA House (3rd Floor),
57 Marina, Lagos,
Deadline: October 31, 2011.UBA Group - Media Centre - News Details