As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encouraging women to excel in computing and technology, we are pleased to offer Google EMEA Travel and Conference Grants to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in research conferences.
Award winners will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
• Free registration for the conference
• 500 Euros for travel costs (to be paid after the conference)
To be eligible for a conference grant candidates must:
• Be a female working in or studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or technical field related to the conference subject
• Have a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
• Attend the core day(s) of the main conference
How To Apply
To apply, by the indicated deadline send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
• subject heading "2011 Google EMEA Travel and Conference grant" plus the name of the conference you wish to attend
• your full name and e-mail address
• current address, contact phone number and copy of photo ID
• your CV
• 1-page statement (no more than 600 words) about why you wish to attend the conference and why attending it is important to your research, work, and/or future career
Eligible Conferences 2011
(ongoing, please check back for new ones)
The link list is currently being updated. Please check back later for updated list of eligible conferences.
Winners and claim process
The winner will be notified by e-mail approximate 2 weeks prior to the event. If you are selected, you will receive additional information how to register to conference and how to receive your 500 Euros for travel costs.
Source: 2011 Google EMEA Travel and Conference Grants for female computer scientists - Student Jobs - Google