Job Title: Project Coordinator – Research and Development Component of the Feed The Future Initiative
Duty Station: IITA Zambia, Lusaka.
Organisation: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Reporting to the Director, the candidate will be responsible to:
a. Represent the program to external stakeholders, manage program communications and outreach activities
b. Facilitate the compiling and reporting of higher level Feed The Future initiative indicators.
c. Coordinate capacity building activities e.g. assess human and institutional capacity needs, and facilitating training of NARS as needed.
d. Facilitate regular program meetings and organize annual planning and review meetings.
e. Compile program summaries for USAID.
f. Coordinate cross-cutting baseline studies, training, and field visits.
g. Act as main liaison office amongst USAID, ZARI, CG centers and other R&D initiatives.
h. Support the work of the program steering committee
Educational Qualifications: The candidate should have a Masters or PhD in Agricultural sciences or relevant field.
• At least five years experience in the design and implementation of research and development projects
• Proven skills in project coordination and management
• Demonstrated success in working with multi-disciplinary teams and partnerships in a cross-cultural environment
• Willingness to travel extensively within Zambia.
• Excellent social skills, a collaborative style, proactive and innovative attitudes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
General information: Initial appointment is for three years. IITA offers a competitive remuneration package paid in US dollars.
Method of Application:
• Applications including curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager.
• Please complete our online application form using this link: www.iita.org/irs-online-application
Closing Date: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Source: IITA Career website.