Job Title: Principal Communication Officer (Media Relations) - External Relations & Communication Unit
Position N°: NA
Organisation: African Development Bank Group
Major Duties and responsibilities will include the following among others:
• Create and implement media relations plans with strategic objectives for corporate and specific areas/ audiences/ sectors; as well as set up strategic and operational plans with a view to promoting the policies, programs, projects, practices and publications of the Bank to the media.
• Respond to journalist enquiries and triage incoming media request to determine priorities; as well as create, develop and place news stories in key target media.
• Develop close, mutually productive working relationships with key reporters in national, regional and international media; as well as maintain effective working relationships with key internal contact;
Skills, knowledge and experience:
• At least a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Journalism, Communication, Social Studies related field;
• Preferably a minimum of 6 years experience in a similar position, including at least 3 years in an international media organization;
• Ability to build a network and structure a mass information, grasp the essence and convey the key messages; capacity to work under pressure, including frequent travel; a meticulous team worker; very good interpersonal skills, self-confident;
• Effective written and oral communication in English and French;
• Conversant with Bank standard software applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
For more information and online application: Principal Communication Officer(Media Relations) - External Relations & Communication Unit - African Development Bank
Deadline: 29 October, 2011.