Job Title: Principal Financial Management Specialist (Ghana) - Fiduciary Services Division
Position N°: NA
Organisation: African Development Bank Group
Major Duties and responsibilities will include the following among others:
• Plan and prioritize FM work for assigned countries (Ghana) and communicate the same to Project Team Leaders, Country Managers, Regional FM Coordinator and the Fiduciary Services Manager
• Take proactive role ensuring “Quality at Entry Work” in assessing the adequacy of the Borrowers’ project financial management systems and ensuring consistency and quality of FM aspects in project/program documents.
• Provide technical guidance within the framework of the Bank’s policies and guidelines to Project Team Leaders and Executing Agencies with respect to the financial management activities of projects and programs for the Ghana
Skills, knowledge and experience:
• A minimum of a professional accounting qualification (such as CPA, CA, ACCA, or equivalent) plus a Master’s Degree or its university equivalent in accounting, business, finance, economic or related subject
• A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience, preferably with a donor organization working on public sector financial management
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, International Public Sector Accounting Standards and International Standards on Auditing is a requirement
• Experience required in designing and assessing internal control systems and procedures using internationally accepted control frameworks such as COSO with the ability to assess such systems and recommend remedial action where necessary
For more information and online application: Principal Financial Management Specialist (Ghana) - Fiduciary Services Division - African Development Bank
Deadline: 14 October, 2011.