Job Title: Principal Program Coordinator - Office of the President
Position N°: NA
Organisation: African Development Bank Group
Major Duties and responsibilities will include the following among others:
• Serves as a principal aide to the President and supports a range of activities dealing with programming and management of the President’s Agenda. Takes responsibility for managing the overall work program of the President consisting of planning, coordination and communication.
• Provides expertise in the area of development of strategy and program management through leveraging the IT system. Establishes procedures and controls to improve efficiency of services in the areas of monitoring the President’s agenda.
• In consultation with the President, designs, establishes, and maintains an integrated calendar of events, for major events affecting the Bank. Participates with the President and senior management in institutional planning and policy development and follows up on related instructions.
• Coordinates all aspects of activities related to the Bank Group’s General Annual Meetings. Contributes in providing communication support for major events (conferences and meetings) and in determining emerging issues requiring strategic intervention of the President.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
• At least a Master’s or its equivalent in Development Economics, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the Bank; strong knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of African countries.
• Preferably a minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience;
• Significant professional experience in one of the Bank’s operations;
• Demonstrated good knowledge of the operational policies, procedures and practices of major bilateral and multilateral development agencies in the regional member countries;
• Good operation experience in the Bank, with broad skills in operations evaluations, stakeholder engagement, and with strong analytical skills in assessment of institutional capacities and projects implementation;
For more information and online application: Principal Program Coordinator - Office of the President - African Development Bank
Deadline: 06 October, 2011.