Job Title: Design Project Manager
Job Number / Requisition ID: 1100692
Location: Tunisia, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia and South Africa
Organisation: International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Deputy Project Director, Technical in the Facilities Management Division (FMD) of the Technology and General Services Department (TGS), the position is responsible for managing all aspects of the architectural and engineering design of the HQ1 Renewal Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads the design effort to ensure that IMF concerns are addressed, IMF design desires are integrated, and proper communication of the strategy to concerned stakeholders takes place. Ensures that the project goals, objectives, and visions are achieved.
• Manages the Project Architect and ensures that contract milestones and terms and conditions are met, on or below budget, on time or ahead of schedule and to the approved quality level. Also ensures that the design team fulfills its contractual requirements for construction administration and that all punch list items are prepared in a timely manner.
• Directs and coordinates project designs with all team members and consultants to optimize efficiency and minimize project risk and adverse schedule variance. Monitors adherence to design performance and takes appropriate action to provide feedback on both positive and negative performance to the Deputy Project Director, Technical.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
• Educational development, typically acquired by the completion of a relevant advanced university degree, supplemented by a minimum of eleven years of work experience in Real Estate, Facilities or Design and Construction field, or equivalent; or a bachelor's degree, supplemented by a minimum of seventeen years of relevant professional experience in Real Estate, Facilities or Design and Construction field, is required.
• LEED AP BD+C accredited preferred.
• Experienced in facility design, construction, and /or project management of large, complex, institutional projects with significant interior design components. Experience with managing projects in an occupied building is preferred.
The specific mission dates for each country are as follows:
1. Tunisia (Tunis) - October 10, 2011
2. Senegal (Dakar) - October 12, 2011
3. Ghana (Accra) - October 14, 2011
4. Nigeria (Lagos) - October 15, 2011
5. Kenya (Nairobi) - October 17, 2011
6. Zambia (Lusaka) - October 19, 2011
7. South Africa (Johannesburg) - October 21, 2011
Method of Application:
• Visit International Monetary Fund (IMF) Career Opportunities Page
• Enter “Job Number” in the space provided and click “Search for Jobs”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
Deadline: 15th November, 2011.