Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Ede, Osun State
Organisation: Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
β’ The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University and ex-officio Chairman of the Senate, and Member of Council.
β’ He / She shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall have general responsibility to the Board of Trustees for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and smooth running of the University.
β’ It shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that the provisions of the Law and Statute, Ordinances and Regulations of the University are observed.
The Candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University Education and should be of a proven successful manager of Human and Material resources.
Specifically, the Candidate must:
1. be a distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University;
2. through his/her track record, command the respect of both the national and international academic communities;
3. possess the ability to strengthen relationships among students, staff, and other members of the University community, and the general public;
4. have a feasible plan for the development of the University, in line with the set vision of the University, possess the drive and ability to attract funds, and strengthen linkages with other Universities both local and international;
5. be in excellent physical and mental health;
6. be a person of integrity and courage, able to defend and uphold the academic independence of the University;
7. be Computer literate;
8. be a person of unassailable integrity, of good moral standing with the fear of God;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE APPLICABLE TO THE POST:
THE VICE-CHANCELLOR shall hold office for five (5) years in the first instance.
The Remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Federal Universities, with appropriate additional conditions as may be determined from time to time by Board of Trustees.
Each application should be made in twenty (20) copies and be accompanied by 20 copies of the Candidate's.
Submit your application online: Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State