PROCEDURES FOR SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO DV-2013
• The Department of State will only accept completed E-DV entry forms submitted electronically at www.dvlottery.state.gov
during the registration period between noon, EDT (GMT-4), Tuesday, October 4, 2011, and noon, EDT (GMT-4), Saturday, November 5, 2011.
- All entries by an individual will be disqualified if more than ONE entry for that individual is received, regardless of who submitted the entry. You may prepare and submit your own entry or have someone submit the entry for you. There are NO COSTS or FEES to register for the DV Program.
- A successfully registered entry will result in a confirmation screen containing your name and a unique confirmation number. You must print this confirmation screen for your records using the print function of your web browser and ensure that you retain your confirmation number. Starting May 1, 2012, you will be able to check the status of your DV-2013 entry by returning to www.dvlottery.state.gov
Entrant Status Check and entering your unique confirmation number and personal information. Entrant Status Check will be the sole means of informing you of your selection for DV-2013,
providing instructions to you on how to proceed with your application, and notifying you of your appointment for your immigrant visa interview. Therefore, it is essential you retain your confirmation number. The U.S. Department of State is unable to provide your entry confirmation number if it is lost.
- Paper entries are no longer accepted. The sole method for entry to the 2013 Diversity Visa Program is through this electronic process.
• It is very important that you submit all required photographs. Your entry will be disqualified if you do not submit all the required photographs. Recent photographs of the following people must be submitted electronically with the E-DV entry form:
- Your spouse
- Each unmarried child under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, including all natural children as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren, even if a child no longer resides with you or you do not intend for a child to immigrate under the DV program.
Failure to submit the required photographs for your spouse and each child listed will result in an incomplete entry to the E-DV system. The entry will not be accepted and must be resubmitted.
On your entry, you must list your spouse (husband or wife), and all unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether or not they are living with the petitioner or intend to accompany or follow to join the petitioner should the petitioner immigrate to the United States, with the exception of children who are already U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents. A spouse or child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident will not require or be issued a DV visa. However, you should include all family members in your registration and photos of each family member who will apply for a DV visa. Group or family photographs will not be accepted; there must be a separate photograph for each family member.
Failure to enter the correct photograph of each individual into the E-DV system may result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visas associated with the case at the time of the visa interview.
• Entries are subject to disqualification and visa refusal for cases in which the photographs are not recent, show manipulation in any way, or fail to meet the specifications explained below.