Oando Plc is Nigeria’s foremost integrated energy company and Africa’s Largest Independent and Privately Owned Oil Trading Company. Oando is currently recruiting for the following position:
Vacancy Title: Production Manager
The Production Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the Production unit in KLP 1 & 2 ensuring Lubricants are manufactured to product standards, continuously monitor all equipments attached to the unit to minimize down time, and oversee the transfers in and out of finished bulk products.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare detailed production program bi-monthly and monitor Implementation on daily basis to meet specific warehouses request.
• Monitor and ensure adequate stock of packaging/raw materials are available to meet the set production targets.
• Coordinate operations activities in plant 1 & 2 : Production Planning (blending and filling), warehousing, and equipment maintenance.
• Supervise the activities of Blending, Filling, Packaging and labeling staff.
• Prepare daily and monthly reports to monitor stock of finished products; materials usage and consumption-JD of the Materials Supervisor not prod. Mgr
• Liaise with laboratory/QA unit to ensure that products meet specification.
• Ensure compliance of production operations with the company’s EHSQ Standard.
• Engage in Stock and Production batch materials reconciliation.
• Design and implement appropriate competency building programs to raise the skills and knowledge of staff in the production unit.
• Supervises the activities of the entire plant (along with other unit heads in the plant) in the absence of the Plant Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A good university degree in Engineering or Business Administration
• Minimum of 4-6 years post graduation and 2- 3 years working experience in Lubricant business and/or plant management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Lubricant Product Knowledge.
• Analytical Thinking & Conceptualization
• Accounting & Budget Monitoring Skill.
• Plant Performance Monitoring Skill.
• Coaching & Supervisory Skills.
• Employee Performance Management.
• Entrepreneurial Ability.
• General Personnel Administration.
• Health & Safety Management skill.
• Inventory Management/Stock Control.
• Problem solving & Decision Making Ability.
• Product Quality Management Skill
• Resources Management Skill.
• Teamwork Spirit.
• Written and Oral Communication Skill.
• PC Utilization (Excel, Word, Power Point) Skill.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note that you need to register before you see details of the job, then update your Resume for application. Click here to apply online
Deadline: 29 August, 2011.