General Electric (GE) is a diversified technology, industrial and financial company repeatedly ranked as the Most Admired Company in the World for the past ten years. GE Nigeria is currently recruiting for the following position:
Position Title: Resident Mechanical Engineer
Job Number: 1357892
Business: GE Energy
Business Segment: Energy - Energy Services
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Fulfillment Operations
• Provide planned and unplanned maintenance services to GE Gas Turbines and Process Compressors at Bonny Island CSA site.
• Provide operational support to customer for trouble shooting, alarm and trip diagnosis through Energy Services Product Services Engineering.
• Outage planning with customer and CSA site team.
• Deliver all aspects of Contractual fulfillment in a timely and quality manner.
• Work for sustained growth opportunities through demonstration as a customer fulfillment agent
• The Mechanical Engineer will support the Service Director in the execution of the Agreement.
• The Mechanical Engineer will take primary responsibility for the management of all mechanical covered equipment. His responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
• Minimum 5 - 8 years GE (or equivalent) Technical Experience as Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor.
• Strong knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors. Ability to interpret P&ID and other equipment drawings
• Good communicator… able to work effectively internally and externally
• Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers
• Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities. Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations.
• Continuous improvement mind set, Lean outage excellence.
• Sixsigma Greenbelt certified
For more information and online application: Resident Mechanical Engineer Job