The Centre for Continuing Education of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) in Ondo State invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the university’s University Diplma in Sciences (UDS) Programmes for the 2011/2012 Academic Session.
UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA IN SCIENCES PROGRAMME
Admissions will be into the following Schools:
i. School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
ii. School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET)
iii. School of Earth and Mineral Sciences (SEMS)
iv. School of Environmental Technology (SET)
v. School of Sciences (SOS)
vi. School of Management Technology (SMT)
• Candidates should possess O/L WASC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB at not more than two sittings with a minimum of Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two of the following subjects relevant to their discipline: Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Economics and Geography.
• Credit pass in Economics is compulsory in the School of Management Technology.
• Candidates for the University Diploma in Sciences Programme must perform to a satisfactory level in a Computer-Based qualifying test to be conducted on Saturday, 26th November, 2011 at 9:00 am at the eTC CBT Centre, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State.
• Candidates are expected to visit the website of the Federal University of Technology, Akure for the results of the qualifying test as from Monday, 5th December, 2011.
• The Programme is full time, residential and will run for two academic sessions of four semesters.
• Candidates who successfully complete the programme at a minimum grade level prescribed by the University
• Admission Committee would be admitted into the 200 level of the University undergraduate degree programme in relevant discipline through the JAMB Direct Entry mode.
REGISTRATION AND COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES
Screening and registration of successful candidates begin on Monday, 12th December, 2011 while lectures commence on Tuesday, 3rd January, 2012.