General Electric (GE) is a diversified global infrastructure, finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs. GE is currently recruiting for the following position(s) in Nigeria:
Job Title: Trainee - Controls Engineer
Job Number: 1405896
Location: Ikosi - Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Energy
Business Segment: Energy - Energy Services
Trainee Controls Engineer will initially be an understudy to the Resident Controls Engineer.
On successful completion of training and further demonstration of acquired Gas Turbine and Process Compressor knowledge and hands on experience, the Trainee Controls Engineer will be considered for a future Resident Controls Engineer position in Bonny or similar CSA site in the region
• The Trainee Controls Engineer will support the Resident Controls Engineer in the execution of the Contractual Service Agreement.
• The Trainee Controls Engineer will perform as un understudy to the Resident Controls Engineer’s day to day responsibilities for the management of all mechanical covered equipment.
• He will learn and acquire knowledge and hands on experience for the below responsibilities/skill sets but are not limited to:
• Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities in conjunction with the Customer.
• Assist the Customer with regular reviews of maintenance activities associated with the control aspects of the Covered Units.
• Forward and discuss any controls systems related TIL’s to the Customer; and plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
• Respond to the Customer’s technical inquiries utilizing GECS and Oil & Gas technical support services.
• Degree in Controls Engineering or Equivalent.
• Minimum 1-2 years GE (or equivalent) Technical Experience as Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor is preferred.
• Also fresh graduates with outstanding academic credentials will be considered
• Prior knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors will be an added advantage.
• Good communication skill is essential…
• Should be able to work effectively internally and externally
• Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers
• Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities.
• Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations.
• Continuous improvement mind set
• Lean outage excellence.
• Sixsigma Greenbelt certified
For more information and online application: Ikos - Lagos Trainee - Controls Engineer Job