ActionAid is an International Non-Governmental organization registered in The Netherlands with headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Job Title: Finance Officers
Location: Lagos & Abuja
Available Positions: 2
Responsible to: Project Accountant
• Work with the Project Accountant in the financial planning processes of the long term (three year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
• Assists in the preparation of Global Fund HSS (CSS) quarterly report
• Monitor and check staff advances and retirements
• Support HSS (CSS) grant management process
• Provide organizational development to HSS (CSS) project partners
• Treasury support
• Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the project accountant.
• Support the general administration of the Southern Regional Office
• Give support to Women’s Rights theme on financial matters
• Any other duties as assigned by the Project Accountant and Head of Finance.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is essential.
- ICAN PE I certified is desirable
- At least five (5) years post NYSC experience, three (3) of which should have been spent in a finance position with Sound Practical Knowledge of SUN accounting software and Spreadsheets (MS Office in general) are essential.
- Experience in working with international development agencies is desirable.
- Attention to details; fluency in spoken and written English language; ability to work independently and in a team & highly numerate skills are essential.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills & strong analytical/problem solving skills are desirable.
Personal Qualities: A well developed and proven interpersonal & organisational management skills; ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment; creative and able to take initiative; ready to work additional hours at crucial times and a high sense of integrity are essential.