[attachimg=1 align=left] University of Johannesburg in South Africa has three Master's and two Doctoral scholarships available for registered UJ students studying towards their Master's or Doctorate in 2011. The scholarships are valued: Master's R20,000 / Doctoral R30,000
Areas of study must be related to cancer research:
• Carcinogens – Environmental (e.g. Pollution)
• Health Sciences – Cancer prevention and treatment
• Animal Studies and Zoology – Elephant Bio-detection (opportunity available)
• Socio-Psychological issues
• Business Management – Non-profit Organisations (NPO)
• Marketing and Communications (strategies for NPO)
All applicants must submit the following documents:
• A completed application form (available at Library, Level 1 (APK) or download from the Research and Innovation Division section of www.uj.ac.za
• Curriculum Vitae (clearly indicating your study field).
• ID document.
• Full official academic record including all levels of tertiary study prior to your current qualification.
Please note that academic records from student portals will NOT be accepted.
(Do not submit certificates. Academic records must include marks.)
• For Master's and Doctoral students – A brief (max one page) outline of your project (clearly indicating the research area).
• Letters of Reference (see table below for specific letters of reference required per level of study).
Level of study in 2011 Reference reports required:
• 1st year Master's two references (at least one academic lecturer or HOD) and potential supervisor (if already identified).
• 2nd year Master's Supervisor of Master's and two references (at least one academic lecturer or HOD).
• Doctoral Supervisor of Master's; HOD of Master's and one other reference (preferably an academic lecturer).
You may submit these documents in one of the following ways:
1. Courier to Ms Dudu Mbatha, Postgraduate Centre, University of Johannesburg, PO Box 524, Auckland Park 2006
2. Hand deliver to Ms Dudu Mbatha, Auckland Park Kingsway Campus, Postgraduate Centre, Library Level 1.
3. Fax to 011 559 4904. Attention: Ms Dudu Mbatha. You MUST confirm receipt of your faxed application with Ms Dudu Mbatha at 011 559 3780/4016 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 6 May 2011
All posted and couriered applications must reach by the deadline or they will be rejected.
Application Form: download here
Source: 2011-05-06 - UJ-CANSA Scholarships 2011