For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record the DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year.
Scholarships are available for full-time students interested in any of the following programmes:
• MA and M Econ in Development Studies: MA Development Studies
• Master in Public Administration: MPA
• MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme): M.A. Development Management (Bochum)
• PhD in International Development Studies: PHD IDS
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. More information about requirements for application and application procedure is provided below.
Requirements for application and application procedure:
• Scholarship applicants are adviced to carefully read about the specific entry requirements and course application procedure of the programme of their choice. The information is available from the respective programmes sections.
• Candidates for the Masters Programme in Public Administration (MPA), the MA and M Econ in Development Studies as well as PhD candidates in the fields of Governance, Public Policy, Public Management or Development Studies can submit their scholarship application before they register with UWC through the online application procedure.
• Please submit a letter of application, the DRD-SA application form (see below), a CV, an academic transcript from your last university and two academic references. Applicants will be informed about their applications by the 31st of October 2011.
For additional information on the courses or on registration please write to:
for the Masters in Development Studies, for the M Econ (Development Studies) and for the PhD programme in Development Studies,
for the Masters Programme in Public Administration (MPA) for the PhD programme in Governance, Public Policy and Public Management
• Britta Niklas for the Master of Arts in Development Management (Bochum Programme)