[attach=1] MARA-ISON is part of the MARA Group which is a billion dollar enterprise. Its IT Services division has been in Africa for over 14 years. The following jobs currently exist at MARA-ISON Technologies:
Job Title: Value Added Service Application Support - Specialist (Level 1)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1-3 Years in providing Onsite / L1 support in Technical Assistance Center/Customer care for System admin, Network admin or equivalent.
Graduate/ BE / MCA or Equivalent
• Telecom & Networking fundamentals, Unix Administration, Initial trouble shooting skills for applications/Interfaces /DBs , Vendor co-ordination skills.
• Listens to others and asks appropriate questions to understand issues , Monitoring & Reporting , Carry out routine Ops activities & checklists.
• Basic understanding of network related commands to enable verification of connectivity (such as ping, trace route, net stat).
• Understand process tables and how to stop and start processes.
• Awareness of VAS Services , Call flows , GSM , SS7 , clustering fundamentals , Understanding of disk systems (such as Mirroring and RAID).
• Liaise directly with customers on service requests or problems, ensure understanding of business impact associated with problems and keeps the customer informed as part of the resolution process.
• Retain ownership of customer issues until resolved, escalated or accepted by another individual, Actively participates in team discussions and activities.
• Display an enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
• Work together with other with local technical groups in order to resolve customer issues effectively.
• Excellent communication skills - Written & Oral.