Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Organisation: Aero Contractors Company of Nigeria Limited
Purpose Statement: To supervise logistics and stores operations and provide prompt logistics support to ensure efficient maintenance operation.
• Ensuring that the scope of work carried out by the Logistics Department is in accordance with the procedures specified in Part 2 of this MPM.
• Ensure any deviation or discrepancy of the flow of materials supply to and from the Technical Department is reported to the Technical Manager
• Ensure correct documentation, vendor warranty claims, or any other logistics documentation necessary to ensure the timely release to service of an aircraft or component is supplied.
• Ensure monitoring of priority shipments and advising the Technical Manager on the requirement to upgrade orders to AOG when necessary.
• Provide an overview to the Technical Manager on order acknowledgement and shipping details, with confirmation update control on a daily basis.
• Evaluate inventory levels where applicable (including determination of surplus inventory).
• Calibration of all test, special and weighing equipment as indicated on the organization’s inventory.
• Maintaining the required standard of Health, Safety and environmental protection within the department as specified in the organization’s Safety Management System.
• Carry out any additional tasks as directed by the Technical Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• A graduate with a university degree or polytechnic HND
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in aviation logistics and stores operations.
The following skills are essential:
• Analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Good knowledge of distribution management, warehouse operations, contingency operations and logistics support
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• ICT proficiency
• Internal: All relevant departments
• External: Regulatory authorities/Nigerian Customs Service/3rd Party Contractors.
Method of Application:
Interested employees whose skills and capabilities match the job profile should send their CV as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject: Logistics Supervisor-Lagos/AJ/TEC/LS/0114.
Other important information: This vacancy advert is open to all qualified internal and external applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th March, 2013.Click here to apply for Logistics Supervisor Job