Job Title: Deputy Project Engineering Manager
Location: Nigeria / Snake Island, Nigeria / Suresnes
Company: SPIE Oil & Gas Services – Nigeria (Subsidiary of the SPIE Group)
Job Description Subsidiary of the SPIE Group, SPIE Oil & Gas Services provides a complete range of services to main oil and gas companies in 26 countries all over the world.
Our turnover (437 M€ in 2011) has doubled across this last four years thanks to our 4000 trained, developed and dedicated employees to whom a strong career development is offered.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services always needs new talents and is currently looking for one of its client for a: Deputy Project Enginneering Design Manager (F/M)
• Identify needs for Technical Queries, follow them and ensure proper implementation in engineering documentation
• Identify Technical Changes, evaluate their consequences and report them to the Project Director and Contract Manager
• Responsible for identifying the external interfaces that will affect his discipline
• Identify key personnel profiles and approve resources assignment. Maintain core team throughout all phases of the work.
• Organise an engineering reviews with Lead Discipline Engineers.
• Organise periodic and technical meetings as needed.
• Ensure they all work with up-to-date specifications and contract documents and are fully aware of schedule and budget targets
• Ensure that the lead engineers and team have carried out a complete review and are acquainted with the Contract specifications and scope of work
• Make sure that critical issues are resolved;
• Support Interface Management activities; ensure that interface requirements are dealt with by Engineering Disciplines in a timely manner
• Be responsible for the safety in design
• Manage personnel or engineering subcontractors, that are directly under his responsibility
• Ensure deliverables list (MDR) is produced and maintained up to date. Ensure they are delivered on time. Expedite internal review cycles
• Ensure a timely review cycle of subcontractors, suppliers and vendors engineering documentation
• Monitor the overall progress of engineering scope of the Project. Provide input to periodic reports and participate actively in weekly project meetings. Implement corrective actions when required to maintain the progress of the work
• Make any recommendations when it is apparent that external expertise may be required to carry out specific studies
• Ensure that applicable procedures are implemented (design reviews, safety and risk assessments, document control, material reconciliation, as builts, close out, etc…)
• You have a minimum of 10 years experience and a good knowledge of subsea Project
• Fluency in English (written and spoken), French appreciate
• Computer literacy, proven skills for co-ordination and communication/work organization.
Location: Nigeria and France
Contract duration: 6 to 12 months
Starting date: ASAP
Salary: to be discussed
Rotation: – Nigeria: 10 weeks on / 3 weeks off – France: Resident
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. This position is suitable for disabled people.
Rotation: Resident position
Starting Date: Asap
Duration: 6 to 12 months
Work Cycle: tbcClick here to apply for Deputy Project Engineering Manager Job