The University of Sheffield invests a significant amount of funding each year in order to support the very best postgraduate research students. For entry in 2011/12, the Arts & Humanities Faculty is offering a number of Fees Scholarships for Masters applicants on a competitive basis. These Fee Scholarships are primarily intended to support students embarking on a Masters programme in preparation for undertaking a PhD at the University of Sheffield.
The Arts & Humanities Masters Fee Scholarships will cover the cost of the tuition fees (at the Home/EU level) and are tenable for one year full-time or two years part-time.
• Academic requirements – applicants should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK in an appropriate area of study.
• Allowed study options – applicants should be registering on their first year of study with the University for 2011/12 on a full-time or part-time programme of doctoral study.
• Residency restrictions - awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants (international students should note that the Fee Scholarships are offered at the Home/EU level).
How to apply:
The University operates a single application process for the AHRC Masters Scholarships and Arts & Humanities Masters Fee Scholarships. By submitting the 'Application Form for AHRC/ Arts & Humanities Faculty Masters Scholarships' you will be considered for both of these funding streams if appropriate.
• Before applying, you are strongly advised to contact the relevant academic department regarding the application to ensure that the department is able to supervise your programme of study.
• Complete an application for admission as a postgraduate student. Details of how to apply for admission can be found by following the 'How to Apply' link on the left. Applications for admission should be submitted as soon as possible.
• Wait until you have received an application number (this will be emailed to you).
• Complete and submit the Application Form for AHRC/ Arts & Humanities Faculty Masters Scholarships by 31 March 2011.
• You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application. After the closing date you will be sent a link to our online tracking system where you can monitor the progress of your application.
• The relevant academic department will consider your application.
• As further information becomes available regarding the timetable for decisions, we will update these web pages. You should be informed on the outcome by the end of April 2011.
Should you have any questions about University Scholarships please email firstname.lastname@example.org