Google Africa is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Job Title: Developer Advocate - Johannesburg, Nairobi, Accra or Lagos
The area: Engineering
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa; Nairobi, Kenya; Accra, Ghana or Lagos, Nigeria
As a Developer Advocate, you will be a member of the Developer Relations organization. Developer Relations is focused on driving the success of Google's developer products and the open web by creating a thriving ecosystem of 3rd party applications and businesses built on them. You will be an evangelist for our newest technologies in the outside world, as well as a vocal advocate for developers' needs within Google.
• Create momentum and drive the success of Google’s developer products and the open web through your interactions with 3rd party developers building applications and businesses on them.
• Advocate the adoption of Google developer products to strategic partners and the broader developer community.
• Participate in technical and design discussions with technical executives at strategic partners to speed adoption and ensure best practices during implementation.
• Evangelize our developer products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, writing technical tutorials and other similar activities.
• BA/BS preferred in Computer Science or a similar technical degree.
• Substantial of work experience as a software developer, architect, technology evangelist, CTO, or consultant working with web or mobile technologies.
• Excellent public speaking skills and charisma, with experience presenting to large technical audiences.
• Experience blogging and writing technical articles, ideally with an existing follower base.
• Experience working directly with large partners, or with press and bloggers preferred.
• Strong command of web application or mobile application development landscapes.
For more information and application: Google Africa Jobs: Developer Advocate - Johannesburg, Nairobi, Accra or Lagos