APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe.
Job Title: Crane Mechanic
Location: APM Terminals, Apapa, Nigeria
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join global team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown maintenance on equipment assigned to Crane Section for maintenance.
• Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the Crane Maintenance Foreman;
• Advise Crane Maintenance Foreman on concerns relating to unreliable equipment;
• Provide Work Order planning information as required to Maintenance Planner or Foreman;
• Perform maintenance activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis;
work performed, time taken to complete work, spare parts and materials used etc;
• B B.Eng/B.Sc/HND/Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from recognized institution. Any additional training in both mechanical/hydraulic fields in any heavy industries is an advantage.
• Requires at least two to three years of experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel or manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic and related subjects.
• Requires specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair of quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes & spreaders.
• Requires the ability to learn fast.
• Valid Driver’s License.
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 11th February 2011.
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV.
For more info and online application: APM Terminals Nigeria Vacancies