Four scholarships are available for overseas fee-paying students who are proposing to register for the full-time MA Religions or MA History: Asia/ Africa at SOAS for the academic session 2011/12.The scholarship, valued at £15,000, will be used to meet the cost of tuition fees at the overseas rate and the remaining sum may be used towards maintenance.
Eligible Programmes and number of Scholarships
• The full-time MA in History: Asia Africa (2 scholarships)
• The Full-time MA Religions (2 scholarships)
• Applicants must have applied for a place to study at the School at least four weeks before the scholarship closing date in order to be considered for these Scholarships.
• Applicants must be top-ranked in the appropriate discipline. Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with upper second class level may also apply, but will not be given preference. Students with a non-UK degree will be adjudged to be in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
• The scholarship is open to applicants paying fees at the Overseas rate only.
• Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members of the Faculty of Art and Humanities.
• The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Closing Date
• The closing date is Friday, 29 April 2011. It is the applicant's responsibility to submit a complete application by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will be deemed invalid.
• Applicants must have also applied for a place to study at the School preferably four weeks before the scholarship closing date (ie by 4 January 2011) but no later than the scholarship application deadline in order to be considered for this scholarship. The application for a place must be complete.
Notification of Results
All candidates will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application, generally by the end of June. The successful candidate will also be notified in writing. If you have not heard from us by mid-July, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
A scholarship application form is available for download from the download box at the top right or can be obtained from:
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7074 5094/5091
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7074 5089
Source: Arts and Humanities Masters Scholarships 2011, University of London